Wimutti or Vimutti in Dhamma means liberation. Ceto-vimutti is liberation of the heart and mind. Paññā-vimutti is discernment release.
Five kinds of Vimutti (reference)
- Tadaṇga-vimutti : Temporary Release from Kilesa, as for instance, temporary suppression of lust, resentment, infatuation and obsession with certain stances.
- Vikkhambhana-vimutti : Mental Release from Kilesa by virtue of Jhāna. This lasts as long as Jhāna itself.
- Samuccheda-vimutti : Mental Release from Kilesa by virtue of Ariya-magga. Once relinquished, these Kilesa will not break out for good.
- Patipassaddhi-vimutti : Mental Release from Kilesa by virtue of attainment of Ariya-phala through Ariya-magga. There is no feverish activity to relinquish these Kilesa, since they have been irrevocably eradicated.
- Nissarana-vimutti : Absolute Release from Kilesa lasting up to Nibbāna.
This Wimutti website is a website that collected the chants and prays. It can be use for chants in a daily life by focus on translated chanting to know the meaning of them. The prayer will be able to understand each of chanting and will cause the wisdom, leading to the libration as the purpose.
This website does not belong to any monastery or organization, not intended to compete with anyone, nor has a policy to present political-related content or create conflicts between religions, not make money directly or indirectly.